Michael Hughes Foundation Mission Statement
This mission of the Michael Hughes Foundation is to:
- Raise public interest and awareness regarding sudden cardiac arrest, its causes, symptoms, and measures that can be taken to improve the national incidence of this health issue;
- Raise money to purchase defibrillators on behalf of various community groups and individuals;
- Provide access for organisations, businesses and individuals to purchase Australia's leading defibrillators;
- Promote, educate and train the public on how to use defibrillators to enhance confidence in medical emergencies;
- Promote and educate the public in basic first aid training; and
- Honour the memory of Michael Hughes, telling his story and driving positive change from his tragic loss.